Buying iWork (and Keynote)
Getting a Trial Version of Keynote (and iWork)
Do I already have Keynote?
What is Apple Keynote?
Free Christian PowerPoint Templates
Free Medicine PowerPoint Templates
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
In this post, I'll show you how you can install iWork (and Keynote) on your Mac. Remember, as of now iWork comprises Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. You can also get a trial version of iWork before deciding to buy a retail version.
To install iWork, follow these steps:
- Insert the iWork CD/DVD in your optical drive (and if you downloaded the trial version, just double-click the downloaded file).
- Either way, you'll see the iWork installation screen that looks like what you can see in Figure 1.
Figure 1: iWork Install Screen
- Now double-click the Install iWork or similar option, and you'll see a screen that says that iWork wants to determine if it can be installed, blah, blah, blah (see Figure 2). As you must have realized by now, you hardly have any choice but to click the Continue button. Do that!
Figure 2: iWork needs to determine something
- Click Continue in the next screen as well, and behold the Read Me screen. Read if you want, or just press Continue to welcome the venerable License screen (see Figure 3) that allows Apple to own your computer, home, bank account, and car (just joking) -- it's comparatively harmless, just click the Continue button to get this moving. Click Agree in the popup screen that comes up.
Figure 3: iWork Install Screen
- Select the Destination drive to install iWork -- if you have just one drive, that decision is already made for you. Then click Continue. Groan...now click Install in the next screen! And if that wasn't enough, enter your computer password in the popup window that comes up, and click OK. Phew!
- Now if all goes well, the Installer will work for a while. Let the poor thing do what it is meant to do -- and after a while, you will see a screen that says everything went well, and iWork was successfully installed on your Mac (see Figure 4).
Figure 4: That was a successful iWork installation
- Click Close and you are done with the installation.
Labels: about, apple, install, iwork, keynote